Sunday, March 16, 2008

Journey to the center of the .. ummm. me??

Hello ALL !!!

Hope everyone is hail and healthy.

I am taking this course called Isha Yoga.
Here is some information about it
http://www.sadhguru.org/portal/index.php/content/blogsection/8/49/

Today we had an 8 to 5 class with an initiation to shambhavi mahamudra. You might have heard about this, it is an intense breathing technique devised to clarify your mind of all the clutter and leave you in a state of pure bliss!
I have got to say, the pure skeptic that I am, this left me a pure "blissful soul" in the end!
I've never felt anything like it before. There are many benefits to doing this everyday, which we are required to do for the next 40 days, twice a day and then the next 6 months at least once. I need to wake up much earlier now to do this as well as the usual short 2nd degree Reiki. To tell you the truth, I felt pure energy flowing through my hands(no kidding!) when I was doing this mahamudra. I couldn't feel my hands for a while after I finished.Maybe it was the combined effect of Yoga and Reiki! wow...
This course I am going to isn't really a "Yoga-class" so to speak. It is very much a journey into the inside and self realization. I am not going to claim I am an enlightened being or anything so don't get worried, I won;t be off the the foothills.............just yet!
It borders equally on the physical and non-physical aspects of Yoga. As far as I can say, the physical Yoga part of it is just a set of aasanas ending with the Shambhavi Mahamudra. There is so much more to this course though. It is funny I am saying this but I've been a better person in the last 5 days than I can remember!
I have two more days to go. Today was the main thing really.. something equivalent to attunement in Reiki.
The main ashram is near Coimbatore. Check out the website at http://www.ishafoundation.org/ ..

Alright then hope you are all doing well!


Regards,
Vivek

2 comments:

Ananth said...

Hi Vivek,
Nice post! You couldn't wait till the program ended could you? ;-)
Anyways i am sharing your experiences here: http://isha.blogspot.com

finimits said...

Thanks!